2015 Summer Junior Conservatory.
Unsure if Junior Conservatory is a good fit for your child? Get a taste of the experience by enrolling in one of our Saturday Morning or School Break Theatre FunShops ! Our Education Department staff is also always happy to discuss your child’s individual needs and interests and to recommend programs accordingly.
CTC’s popular Junior Conservatory is a two-week half-day program designed to introduce the concept of making plays. In this active, nurturing environment, the students, led by CTC’s professional theatre educators, will engage in theatre games & activities, create crafts, and rehearse a short play. Family and friends are invited to a presentation on the final day which will showcase a sampling of favorite warm-ups, games & exercises, and a short play.
Session 1: Tuesday June 16 – Friday, June 26 9:00am-12:00pm OR 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Session 2: Tuesday, July 7 – Friday, 24 9:00am-12:00pm OR 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Ages 5-8 (Must be age 5 by January 1, 2015)
- Half-day program (9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. for morning sessions, 1:00-4:00 p.m. for afternoon session) on Tuesdays – Fridays (8 days)
- Held at the CTC Classroom (753 E El Camino Real, Sunnyvale)
- Introduction to concepts of drama playmaking
- Active and nurturing environment
- Taught by professional CTC theatre educators
- Presentation for family and friends on final day